Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Finally....

So, I know I haven't blogged in a longgggg time, but it's constantly been on my mind.  I want to update this as much for me as for everyone else.  I want this to remind me of where I've come from and what I've done.  Anyways....  This picture above was taken from one of my many excursions since I last posted.  Almost every single day since I've been here, I've gone out, with 90% of the time it being with friends.  It's addicting, and I kinda need to slow down, mainly for energy's and money's sake.  But if "hanging out with friends is taking up too much of my time" is my biggest problem, well, it's a good problem to have XD  I'm absolutely in a completely different place than when I started this blog.  Now that I'm settled in socially, I feel so much better.  Knowing that I'm not alone and that friends are just a phone-call away makes me feel so good.  Plus, I'm moving to a much bigger room (that's actually furnished!!!) at the end of the month.  AND it's just a floor below me!!!!  So yeah, I'm pretty much settled (still gotta straighten out my current room and get insurance).  I'm loving every day.

Well, since that was more of my personal feelings, let me put a from-memory list of some of the things I've done so far since I last posted:
  1. Went to Sanrio Puroland, the Hello Kitty theme-park
  2. Went to my favorite area of Tokyo, Kichijoji, TWICE in one week!!!!
  3. Ate giant gyoza on one of those occasions
  4. Racked up 75 points at Mister Donut, my favorite eating place EVER
  5. Met Aimi's (the girl on the right in the pic above) dad and ate Okinawan food
  6. Played with a bunch of puppies at a mall in Chiba with my friend Risa
  7. Izakaya'd it up with my blog-spiration, Caroline Josephine
  8. Stayed overnight at a karaoke place till the first train the next morning
  9. Taught my first kids lessons with terrible results but unbearably cute children
  10. Was disappointed by the Tokyo Game Show....  So not worth it :(
  11. Embarrassed myself culturally and linguistically in front of many people
  12. Had an uncontrollable laughing fit for 5 minutes at a curry restaurant
  13. Learned the etiquette of a hot spring/bath house/went to a hot spring/bath house in Tokyo
So, yeah....  I've done a lot in the past 5 weeks.  I've also lost almost 20lbs ^_^  More detailed posts to come!!!  I've just gotta find my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment